Re: front suspension question

To: Bill Mounce <bmounce@rcn.com>,
Subject: Re: front suspension question
From: Jan Servaites <jservaites@woh.rr.com>
Date: Sat, 10 Sep 2005 18:26:19 -0700
Bill Mounce wrote:

>Good morning fellow Piners
>
>I have completed my SV and put 14" Panasports all around, and discovered a
>problem.  When turning right, the right front tire rubs the wheel arch

Bill,
You need to take a saber saw and cut away the valance edge. Its hard to
tell you where to cut using email, but if you follow the line (valance
trailing edge) from near the center and on around to the wheel edge, you
should cut the excess off near the wheel flare on the valance. The area
to cut doesn't follow the line. The only tires that will clear are the
factory wheels & tire sizes. Anything lower in profile (70, 65 profile)
will rub. Once its cut off, its hard to visualize where the extra
material was located because it follows a good line.

--
Jan Servaites (Dayton OH - The Birthplace of Aviation)
(Where we had the brains and not just the wind to make flight possible!)

Check out the new British Cars Forum: