Anyone want to take my SII to the Palo Alto show?

To: "Alpines List" <alpines@autox.team.net>
Subject: Anyone want to take my SII to the Palo Alto show?
From: "Jerry Michalski" <jerry@sociate.com>
Date: Sun, 4 Sep 2005 22:29:25 -0400
Hi all,

Thanks for the advice a few months back about engine repairs (or
replacements) for my Series II Alpine.

I got a valve job at the San Francisco garage that has been helping me for
years (Bob Vilches at British European and Japanese Auto Service), and the
car's been running better than ever.

I believe there's a show near the Stanford Shopping Center next Sunday.
Unfortunately, I'll be out of town on the East Coast.

So I was wondering... would anyone on this list like to drive it from North
Berkeley to Palo Alto and show it? I'd like it back afterwards, of course :)

The car seems to want to strut a little. It's not in mint condition and I
won't have a chance to polish it up, but it would be fun. And I'd love to
know what other Sunbeam fanciers have to say.

Warm regards,
Jerry

Check out the new British Cars Forum: