"Frenchy" French Built Alpine?"

To: <alpines@autox.team.net>
Subject: "Frenchy" French Built Alpine?"
From: "Robert Jaarsma" <jaars@cyberportal.net>
Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2005 11:20:28 -0400
Are you sure it is French, not Italian?
Touring Superleggera of Milano Italy, signed a contract on October 23
1961 for the assembly of a modigfied version of the Sunbeam Alpine! Only
Series 3's and 4 were assembled. An otherworthwhile noting is that it
was Touring who took of the fins.
Robert Jaarsma

DAVID GREEN" <alpdavegre@msn.com>
Frenchy" French Built Alpine?
A while ago I announced I had bought a Series 3 GT with a French makers
plate under the bonnet mounted next to the Rootes plate and SAL plate. I
am
trying to find out if indeed Rootes had an arrangement with France to
assemble the Alpine or partial assembly of the car. As far as I can see
there is nothing strange about the car, ie no French electrics. Any help
on
this would be appreciated. Scott Christy has no definate answer and I am

contacting people in the Rootes French club. Thanks for any help to find

provinance for "Frenchy"
Dave Green
Tucson, Az.
13 Alpines, 1 Tiger