Re: Wally Swift's Alpine

To: "Eric Gibeaut" <sunbeams@sc.rr.com>, <alpines@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Wally Swift's Alpine
From: "Louis & Laila" <bwana@c2i2.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2005 20:57:23 -0700
Well, I really don't have any Wally Swift stories, other than I bought a
magazine about 10 or 12 years ago and it had a 3-4 page article which was
about Wally, with a title like "Mr. Chrysler" or "Mr. Alpine", or something
of that nature. It seems that he was a leading mogul in bringing these cars
to the USA, and he owned a number of Alpines and Tigers. The article had a
few pictures of Wally, to include his cars, with descriptions of his special
double sway bar, etc. I hope you don't ask me for a copy, because though I
still have it, it is buried. Perhaps some other list member can direct you
to title and month of publication.

I also remember that Wally was an importer of pewter 1/43 scale Tiger and
Alpine models. And that's about it.