Re: Series 5 transmission/clutch tech advice requested

To: alpines@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Series 5 transmission/clutch tech advice requested
From: RootesRooter@aol.com
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2005 23:06:12 EST
You need to look under the car while someone pumps the clutch pedal, and see
if the clutch fork is moving.  I think(?) it should move about 3/4's of an
inch.

If it's moving, the clutch plate probably's toast, or you've got a broken
spring in the plate.  My Alpine clutches have usually gone out with the same
symptoms.  Have you noticed any clutch slippage going up hills in 4th at
moderate
rpms?

I assume you checked the fluid?

Dick Sanders

In a message dated 1/24/05 6:12:03 PM Pacific Standard Time,