pertronics.

To: "Alpine List" <alpines@autox.team.net>
Subject: pertronics.
From: "Chuck Nicodemus" <armorseal@spiretech.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 2004 15:49:48 -0700
Tom W and all, I just finished the installation of my pertronics ign. Real
hesitant at first then took off the first wire. After of course disconnecting
the battery. The + wire on the coil, now I must say this. A couple of years
ago I changed the ground and set the generator as you should to neg ground, I
didn't change the wires on the coil.  Surprised as I was the car has been
running fine with the batt and generator in neg ground and the coil still as
it was.???
Anyway after installing all the parts, a very quick and easy deal (for me) to
do, then attempted to start, no avail. Then I double looked at the wires on
the coil...changed them switched the wires for the pertronic system and WALLA.
All works . Starts very well and runs very smooth. Maybe I will now put on a
new dist cap, and plugs with new wires.

I used the tech tips I have had for quite awhile from the 6/14/99 file
Converting from Positive to Negative ground. By non other but Tom Wiencek.
Thanks Tom
chuck

---