Re: Series 1 rear Axle

To: Wesley@linearbearings.com.au, alpines@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Series 1 rear Axle
From: TIGEROOTES@aol.com
Date: Thu, 19 Aug 2004 23:09:28 EDT
Wes,
       IF...your list of parts were originally painted at all, they would not
have been any other color than black.  I have my doubts the brake drums were
ever painted.  I have seen many of what appeared to be original cars over 30+
years and I've never seen a different color.
       One reason for painting black is everything suspension-wise
"disappears" and the eyeball focusses on the body: it makes a car look lower to
the
ground as well.  Esthetics.      Over the years I have seen Alpines with
shocking
pink windshield wiper arms and spinners on the wheels and one Tiger with
rhinestones on the radiator hoses ... I guess it is a matter of preference!  If
it
doesn't move, chrome it!  Ha ha!  I paint everything Hammerite smooth finish
black.  Tough stuff.
Jim Leach    Pacific Tiger Club     Seattle

Check out the new British Cars Forum: