Re: Charging

To: JACranwell@aol.com
Subject: Re: Charging
From: lauri.lehtinen@pp.nic.fi
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 2004 14:33:12 +0300 (EEST)
When I started car it charged well for one week. Then the control box
started to misbehave. I took abrasive paper and sanded mountains down
between the contacts, but had no positive solution.

After all I found out that I had loosen the cables also at the generator
end when removing control box for check. Now it works again, than you
for your adwise! ( is that "wise advertisement"?)

During 14 years I have had every summer some kind of trouble with either
generator or with control box. I tought my troubles were over when
building good earth/ground wires & contact points for generator and
control box, but I was wrong.

After having a series 5 intake with Zenith-Strombergs, I could as well
build my car with alternator, too. Does anyone have mounting parts for
alternator? And is that same type as used in IMPs?

Lauri
Finland

--
#auri Lehtinen