Re: Windshield Frame Installation

To: alpines@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Windshield Frame Installation
From: CANISDOG@aol.com
Date: Tue, 6 Apr 2004 21:15:43 EDT
Bob,
In the Series 3-5, the factory generally put washers or a small "wedge" under
the last post to raise or lower the back to align with the wing window.  Mine
(Series 3) had three washer under the last post.  The problem is, you may
have to take the windshield off an on a few times to get it right.  This can
now
be done with a little adjustable sleeve sold by Sunbeam Specialties.

I did however, discover a problem with them!  My posts were a smaller nut
size than the piece he sells.  So the factory must have changed post sizes
somewhere along the line.  I had to take mine to a machine shop (just picked
them up
last week) and have them reduce the nut size.  They drilled them out and put
a "heal-a-coil" inside.  Bamm!  Done and it works.
You do have to finish threading the post all the way to the base to use these
little buggers.

I cannot advise you on the Series 1-2 as I have never put one on.  Hope this
helps.

Paul
Colorado