Re: Hardtop Rear Window

To: alpines@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Hardtop Rear Window
From: ALF1725@aol.com
Date: Mon, 9 Feb 2004 12:02:29 EST
BTW, I have nothing in the inner roof - the bare steel is visible. Have
anyone knowledge what kind of material there have been?

Larry
Helsinki
Larry -

It was many years ago, but installed fabric in my hardtop at the same time I
installed the rear window.  Again the source of the material, in fact all the
bits, was Sunbeam Specialties here in the US.  Certainly hope there are
suppliers closer to you!

One hint is that before installing the fabric, place a sound deafening pad in
the hardtop.  These are stiff rubber pads that body shops use to keep the
metal from flexing, vibrating, making sounds while driving.  Should also be in
your doors and similar spots.  Not very expensive and very easy to install.

Good Luck!

Al
Seattle
Alpine Series V - B395008421