Re: Series I Seat Belts

To: billevans8@comcast.net
Subject: Re: Series I Seat Belts
From: Ron Tebo <mrtebo@telus.net>
Date: Fri, 06 Feb 2004 06:11:10 -0700
Bill:

I own an early Series I, and it came fitted with lap-belts of a sort.
They were fastened to two eye-bolt anchors on either side of the seat. I
still have them somewhere, but I had to replace them, since they were
made from old military-style cotton webbing and had hardened to the
point of being nearly rigid, and the fastening system was very crude. As
I recall, they were manufactured by the Hercules(???) Aviation Supply
Co. in the U.S., and did look like something that might have been
installed originally in a Tiger (Moth)!

Ron Tebo - Series I - B9000627