Sunbeam for sale

To: "robert taylor" <rtaylor456@comcast.net>,
Subject: Sunbeam for sale
From: "keith cronin" <croninkr@cwo.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Aug 2003 09:07:48 -0700
Hello fellow listers.

Sorry to bomb the list with this message .   The local code nazi's have
decendended upon my house and I must sell my Sunbeam fairly quickly.

Here's the specs.   1960  Series 1 .  Alpine.      Steel wheels.   All
sychro 4 speed.,  Original engine with a gazillion miles on it. Still runs
well . No smoke . good oil Pressure hot.

About 25 psi.  at Idle.   55 running.    Engine sporting dual  Downdraft
28 Ict webers.  with original aircleaners and socks.   Newish top.  This car
runs and drives .   I use it for around the town

errands.   Body is ugly yellow with tan interior.   Paint and interior are
tatty.    Car shell will need both passenger and drivers' front footwelll
floorpans replaced.   Passenger side sporting about 10" hole

through the floor.  Drivers side is weak.   Sills front and back are pretty
rusty in the usual places.  Frame of car is very solid though.   Trunk floor
is very nice but bottom of trunk  lid is shot.  Needs new

trunk lid.  The rest of the  body panels are pretty good and straight.  All
the glass is good.   Also both bumpers .  Chrome shows its age.  The clutch
will probably need replacement soon.   It is very stiff and

engages with about 1 inch of in and out travel.. I rebuilt the clutch slave
and master cylinders about 3 weeks ago hopeing  that this  would free up the
movement,  but I suspect that the clutch internals need

replacement.

    This car still has the original black plastic foor coverings.  NO
carpets.    Missing the interior 3 panels for the soft top covering.

     I dont want to part this car out because it does run and drive and
someone could do a rolling restoration if need be.   I don't want to be the
killer of an early finned Alpine .  Not alot of these around

anymore.  Also currently running series five wheel  rims  but I do have the
original series 1 rims with the original " thin" rimbellishers" and hubcaps.

 I   would Take  $1200.00   for the car..    Car is currently registered and
liscenced  and I have the proper California Title in my name.   The car is
at my Home in Sacramento , CAlif.

Feel free to calll     Me at   916-929-0189  to talk more about the car.   I
hope that some local California lister will be interested in this car.

Thank you      Keith R.Cronin