Harrington LeMans to be destroyed

To: alpines@autox.team.net
Subject: Harrington LeMans to be destroyed
From: Carl French <leylandauto@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 7 Aug 2003 15:14:19 -0700 (PDT)
I have found the 'remains' of a Harrington LeMans in Maine. The Harrington bits
are intact, The windshield however is badly broken and I do not know if this is
specific. I am an MG person but grew up with my brother's Alpine and have a
soft spot for them. The car is very rough and needs total restoration. I took
some digital pics of it today and will up load them for any interested persons.
I have no interest in this project but I cannot stomach the idea of this car
not being saved. I talked very briefly to the person who owns the car (I
think). He does know what he has but he also mentioned that the 'owner' was
considering CUTTING THE ROOF OFF AND PUTTING IT ON AN ALPINE!!!!!!!!
Please do not let this happen. I would be willing to middle man this car 'if'
he has any interest in selling it. I have a friend who has known him for many
years and I think I could approach him carefully and work something out. I am
not doing this as a money making job, just maybe a small finder's fee for my
time, gas etc (car is about 45 mins from me).
Carl W. French