Off Topic "Nat'l Do Not Call"

To: "'Alpine's Peak'" <alpines@autox.team.net>, tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Off Topic "Nat'l Do Not Call"
From: Steve Laifman <SLaifman@socal.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 01 Jul 2003 09:38:18 -0700
Tigers, 'Pines,

Just an advisory.  I signed up all our phones for the National Do Not
Call registry the first day:

http://www.donotcall.gov

You get three phone numbers to "de-list" per call.  I never got any
confirmatory e-mail.  Went back to the site and used their "verify"
option and got three e-mails (one per number) that I was NOT registered.

Went back again and tried again. This time got three "OK, but complete
your registration by clicking here"  (one e-mail and confirmation per
number. (Included cell phones. Darned it I am going to pay them to hear
their pitch!)

Then you get a confirmatory e-mail good for 5 years.  "Print and keep
copy".  Sure! I can't find the recipe my wife printed last night!  I
saved the e-mail in a created IN folder so I could find it (Netscape
Browser). as long as the disc doesn't crash!

Message: Be sure you got the confirmatory and "verified", or that phone
will keep ringing.  Wish they would do that for SPAM

--

Steve Laifman
Editor