O/D Driveshaft Length and Iso. Sw.

To: alpines <alpines@autox.team.net>
Subject: O/D Driveshaft Length and Iso. Sw.
From: Ron Tebo <mrtebo@telus.net>
Date: Mon, 09 Jun 2003 06:25:38 -0600
Russ, Chris, and All:

I am planning to install a SV o/d transmission into a non o/d series I
with SV all synchro trans. The measurement I obtained for the
drive-shaft from my archive, is that it should be shortened by 3 5/8ths"
to 30 5/8"
yoke to yoke. (Russ Eshelman)  (Chris Stephenson apparently did this
last summer). I would just like to have confirmation before I cut!

Also, does any one know where I can obtain an 3-4 isolator switch (since
I am installing on a transmission that did not previously have an overdrive)?

Ron Tebo