RE: Holbay question

To: "Alpine list members" <alpines@autox.team.net>,
Subject: RE: Holbay question
From: "Tom Hill" <tom.hill@att.net>
Date: Fri, 16 May 2003 09:00:23 -0500
Most engine builders go to great lengths to "index" the intake and exhaust
manifolds so they line up perfectly.  This would help the gases flow more
smoothly in and out of the engine.  However, this brings up another
interesting point about using the Holbay setup; has anyone been able to find
the correct Holbay intake/exhaust gasket?  I am planning to use a stock
alpine gasket but it does not line up.  The problem is compounded by the
intake runner dowels that locate the gasket.  This makes the middle two
intake port gasket holes much larger than the Holbay intake.

tom hill