SV Aluminum Head - repair/rebuild costs?

To: alpines@autox.team.net
Subject: SV Aluminum Head - repair/rebuild costs?
From: johnseely@earthlink.net
Date: Thu, 1 May 2003 12:10:05 -0700 (PDT)
I'm asking for a few reports of what others have paid to have their heads done
by a shop along with a brief description of what was done.  I expect to get a
quote in the next day or so about what the machine shop says it will charge for
fixing up the head from my SV Alpine.  I expect to be told that I need new
valves, guides, and seats along with a general cleanup, but don't really know
how much that should cost.  I'd like to be able to tell the difference between
fair or bordering on fair and highway robbery.

Thanks for the help,

John