Re: Gaskets

To: "Alpine List" <alpines@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Gaskets
From: "Russell & Neola" <maddock_adsl@hotkey.net.au>
Date: Sun, 20 Apr 2003 18:32:59 +1000
The reason they say "Talbot" on the packaging would be because after Peugeot
took over Rootes/Chrysler UK, the company and all it's products were renamed
Talbot. From this point on, most automotive component suppliers in Europe
seem to catalogue Rootes models under Talbot - even if they were never
badged as such.

It's like finding parts for, say, a Morris Minor catalogued as Rover.

As far as I can recall, the Alpine/Minx/Hunter-type engine was never used in
a Talbot-badged car.

Russ