Re: Weber Carbs

To: The Lees <jsrlee@shaw.ca>
Subject: Re: Weber Carbs
From: Jarrid Gross <jarrid_gross@earthlink.net>
Date: Sat, 08 Mar 2003 14:35:49 -0800
Ryan,

The series 4 intake (twin choke solex) will allow a weber 2bbl
progressive carb to simply bolt on.  It is not for dual webers, thats
an entirely different intake.

If you go with a 32/32 weber, it is trully a boltup (SIV solex intake).
if you use the more common and higher performance 32/36, you need to
open up the intake port on the secondary side to match the larger
butterly.

The aftermarket 2bbl intake probably doesnt need to be modified to use
the 32/36 carb, but you _should_ be able to find the solex intake
used for less.

The fuel fittings are not a problem, but you will need to do some
tweaks to the linkage, nothing you shouldnt be able to do yourself.

Good luck,

Jarrid Gross