Re: Great news on my Alpine today

To: "jumpinjan" <jservaites@woh.rr.com>, <CANISDOG@aol.com>
Subject: Re: Great news on my Alpine today
From: "Louis & Laila" <bwana@c2i2.com>
Date: Sun, 26 Jan 2003 09:43:18 -0700
In this case, the cause is that a spring from the disc, one of those used to
absorb the shock of clutch engagement, broke into 5 pieces. These lodged
into the diaphram of the clutch, so it took tremendous force to make the
clutch work. This explains why the previous owner replaced the master
cylinder and slave cylinder with new parts! (the cadnium plated stuff looks
real nice!!). SInce this engine was getting all of this force, the only
thing it could do was concentrate this force on the thrust washers. That is
what wore them out fast enough and destryed the engine. So, if your clutch
seems to take more force than usual, or you hear metalic chunks bouncing
around, and you replace your slave and master and the thing still cha chinks
the gears when you shift, inspect the engine quick, because you might be
ruining another difficult to find engine. Lou