Re: Supercharged Alpine?

To: drmayf@teknett.com
Subject: Re: Supercharged Alpine?
From: "Kevin McLemore" <kmclemore@hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 18 Jan 2003 11:57:31 -0500
Thanks, mayf!  Yeah, I agree that a turbo would be better in terms of
efficiency, but then there is that 'lag' factor to deal with too.. there's
nothing like the instant-on power of a supercharger and they give incredible
amounts of power at low RPM's.  I have a brand new Judson that fits
Austin/MG A-series motors - Haddon Judson gave it to me many, many years ago
- but I've never fitted it to a car yet, so it's still in the original
box.... wonder what *that's* worth on eBay? (ha!).  Oh, well, perhaps I'll
use it on my Morris Minor someday!  But the unit I have is too small for an
Alpine engine - the MGA/MGB unit is a better size as that was an 1800cc
motor, similar to our 1725's.

I do like that fact that it's a 'peroiod correct' item - I'm kind of an
historic originality freak - but my main concern is that it wouldn't fit at
all as the carb does sit fairly far back and may interfere with the steering
box & brake master.

-kbm