Re: [Re: Le Mans 1961]-off topic?

To: "jumpinjan" <jservaites@woh.rr.com>
Subject: Re: [Re: Le Mans 1961]-off topic?
From: "Mark Burkley" <mark@ciansystems.com>
Date: Sun, 15 Dec 2002 11:17:03 -0700
Jan-

This "Eggplant" color looks very similar to a "Plum" color that one of the
Tiger coupes wore for a time, and not too far off from the Finidori car.
When repainting my own Alpine, the prerogative was to get away from the
reds. As good and classic as they looked, there were so many
underrepresented colors in the Rootes line up. I was surprised that even a
Mediterranean Blue car, when freshly painted, was cool looking, (a Tiger no
less). Follows in line with Paul's comments on the gold with regards to
upkeep and fading. It was nerve wracking to commit to a color that you were
not 100% sure would look great sprayed out, even if you had shot a decent
sized panel for reference. I went with the Code 67, Lt.  Green Met., and
could not be more pleased. I certainly hope others will venture deeper into
the Rootes line of colors, as they really are well done. BTW, where is this
purple Harrington D hiding?

Regards,

Mark B