Re: [Nealry new Alpine for sale]

To: Jeff Howarth <jeff@v8tiger.demon.co.uk>, <alpines@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Nealry new Alpine for sale]
From: Jan Eyerman <jan.eyerman@usa.net>
Date: Sat, 23 Nov 2002 00:31:35 -0500
Nice car.  It is dark blue with a black interior.  Was for sale in
Pennsylvania last year for $8,500.  This is the big fast back model.  Engine
had blown up with only about 200 miles on it-it was a dealer's demo car.  The
dealer couldn't get parts because of the dock strike and then Chrysler dropped
Sunbeams and dropped the dealers.  It was stored for 30 years.  The fellow
bought it, rebuilt the engine from parts in the trunk(!) and then was showing
and trying to sell it at British car shows for $8,500.

I would estimate that it is worth between $3 and $4K provided the guy can find
someone who wants a plain, single carb, cast iron head Alpine.

Jan

Jeff Howarth <jeff@v8tiger.demon.co.uk> wrote:
Sunbeamers,

Did anyone see the 1969 Alpine for sale in Hemmings ??

450 miles from new

shame its a fastback !

FOR SALE SUNBEAM: 1969 Alpine, 450 original miles, yes 450, blue-black
interior, probably lowest mile in existence, no excuses, $19,900. PH:
770-539-9111, GA; www.cia-auto.com

its no longer for sale at the cia auto dealership but they gave me the
owners number if anyone is interested.

I have one Alpine with a fixed roof, so I'm not !

I also recall seeing an advert in Classic and Sports car around 10 years
a go for a NEW Series 5 that had been in a warehouse in Chicago - does
anyone know what happened to it ?

--
Jeff Howarth