Alpine 260/ Tiger

To: alpines@autox.team.net
Subject: Alpine 260/ Tiger
From: BAYER77@aol.com
Date: Thu, 21 Nov 2002 22:25:26 EST
Hi, my farther told me too check out this ??tiger. on eBay. at first glace
(pic) it looks like a tiger until you look in the trunk. spare stands
upright. I crossed the vin # & it comes up a series 5 alpine. the owner said
it was a Alpine 260.  got to thinking about my first tiger( totaled before I
got my lic.) rearended real hard. anyway i still have the remains of the car
and in my tool box I belive that my side badge says 260 not sure if it says
alpine or not. (havent got to my shop too check it out.  Anway, British
Victoria LTD. under Emblems & Badges sells part # 9-2677 which says Alpine
260. Im not sure but i belive that someone once told me that there was a
Sunbeam Alpine 260 and that it was a Canadain Sunbeam. if so would that make
this a Canadain Tiger
       Any info or documentation would be great.  thanx Bear