Re: [Starting problems]

To: chuck nicodemus <armorseal@spiretech.com>,
Subject: Re: [Starting problems]
From: Jan Eyerman <jan.eyerman@usa.net>
Date: Mon, 01 Jul 2002 11:41:40 -0400
The Lucas coils seem to fail under extreme temperature conditions-either very
hot or very cold.  I normally replace my Lucas coils with a '67 VW coils and
never have any problems with them.

Jan Eyerman
1962 Hillman Minx Series IIIC Convertible
1973 Hillman Avenger DL

chuck nicodemus <armorseal@spiretech.com> wrote:
Also I might suspect a coil , after the heat builds up in a two stage
coils the primary may be taking on more than it can handle. Coils are
relitivly cheap , I would try that as it is my frist guess. I always
carry an extra with as with points just to make a day instead of a
breaka day.
chuck   been there.      boy am I good!