Bond Car Colors

To: alpines@autox.team.net
Subject: Bond Car Colors
From: Jay_Laifman@countrywide.com
Date: Wed, 26 Jun 2002 16:48:15 -0700
A couple people have told me that not only was the Bond Alpine not black,
it was not Wedgewood Blue, but Lake Blue.  However, my books all say that
Lake Blue was a S1 color only.  Wedgewood Blue is a S2 and on color.  The
Bond Alpine was a S2.  Thus, the Bond Alpine cannot be a Lake Blue color.
The only way it could be is (1) Lake Blue was not a S2 color only, (2) it
was a special order color on that car, or (3) the Bond Alpine was a S1.
Given the dramatic change in colors on film, new and old, not to mention
how personal TV sets are adjusted, I would not accept that the
determination of the color is based upon viewing the movie.

I do recall this was grandly discussed in previous Alpine list e-mails,
with no good conclusion.

Oddly enough, this same issue exists with another famous Alpine in the
movies.  Ever see "To Catch a Thief" and the Alpine on it?  There is a
equally contentious dispute about the color of that car.  The early
Alpines only came in 4 colors, and each of the 4 only came with a certain
interior.  There is no doubt many people believe that the Thief Alpine is
"Alpine Mist," a light silvery blue.  However, the Alpine Mist cars did
not come with Fawn (light tan) interiors, only Red interiors.  The blue
car that came with Fawn was "Sapphire Blue."  This is not even a year
thing.  So, similar to above, unless special order, which also has been
called unlikely, it is Sapphire Blue and it's just another instance of the
color not coming through true on film.

Jay