Don't Miss Out!!

Subject: Don't Miss Out!!
From: ssage@socal.rr.com
Date: Tue, 11 Jun 2002 21:14:10 -0700
Hello Alpines:
Jane and I are helping with Tigers United again this year, in Mammoth
Lakes, California, June 28-29-30 (Fri-Sat-Sunday) that's being put on by
CAT and it says right in our club by laws that Alpines are equal members
of our club.  So far we have around 45 Tigers and 90 people signed up
for the event, but only 3 Alpines. This is not acceptable! We need more
Alpines to join in the fun. Alpines will have their own scoring
categories in the Rallye, Concours and Autocross, etc., and will have
just as much fun as Tigers. There will be no snooty, looking down upon
Rootes cars other than Tigers allowed, as has been the case in some
other events. I've owned and had fun with many Alpines through the years
and have not been the brunt of too many jokes about it (other than what
seems to be the favorite..."I could have had a V8!"... or the
other..."Nice engine...where are the other four cylinders!"....Ha HA!!)
Hey, but you're tough (or you wouldn't own a Sunbeam, right?) and can
take it!

Kidding aside, you'll be missing out on a lot of fun, great mountain
scenery and a great drive, great people, loads of Sunbeam information
and tall tales (some of them actually true), excellent food and, well,
just more fun. Plus, remember that George Boskoff, who worked for Shelby
in the sixties and was the man who actually, with his own hands, built
one of the two prototype Tigers (from an Alpine, don't forget), will be
speaking and answering questions t the BBQ on Friday night. There will
also be a parts swap and sell too, and lots of goodies can usually turn
up at these, so bring your parts to sell or swap yourself.

Don't kick yourself in the tail pipes later for not going. It's not too
late to sign up, get a hotel room and get to the event. A few of us from
Southern California will be caravaning up to the event together early
Thursday morning, as Jane previously e-mailed tonight, so let us know if
you want to join that too.To find out more, get entry forms (I can
e-mail them to you), or just talk about Sunbeams, e-mail us at:
ssage@socal.rr.com    We will get back to you right away.

Steve & Jane Sage
1967 Tiger MK1A (Looks just about exactly the same as an Alpine!)