Air vents again

To: "List, Alpine" <alpines@autox.team.net>
Subject: Air vents again
From: John Slade <edalsj@igs.net>
Date: Tue, 11 Jun 2002 22:09:03 -0400
Hi Folks,

For the first time ever, I received no responses to one of my
information requests. I am still in need of info as to the exact
location of the two openings at the bottoms of the  scuttle (cowl) air
intake plenums in a Series V. Could someone please advise exactly where
the edges of the openings are relative to the vertical sides of the
plenums, when viewed from the top looking down.

I now have the ventilator bodies, and it looks as if their location in
the plenum is critical for the proper operation of the flaps, since the
operating rods are more or less fixed in position.

Has anyone had a good look at these ventilators? Should the flaps
basically flop around inside..i.e. are not connected to anything inside
the plastic housing...only to be positioned by the operating rod?

Thanks for any info.

John Slade
S IV+