Re: Rear Shocks

To: bmounce@bellatlantic.net, ellis838@concentric.net
Subject: Re: Rear Shocks
From: PApple16@aol.com
Date: Mon, 3 Jun 2002 20:31:31 EDT
seems kind of pointless
all you need to know is the length,wether studs or eyes, size of the hole in
the eye, and valve rate. you can go into almost any good parts store (NOT
CHAIN STORES as they want to sell you anything weather its right or wrong)
and match the up by specs.
have been doing this for years  without a problem. even got some lever shocks
for my former SI this way. I'm sure someone has the valve rate for the alpine
shocks
NAPA is usually good for this stuff. only thing you have to watch out for is
clearance for the tube diameter

Paul in RI