Door Removal Update

To: alpines@autox.team.net
Subject: Door Removal Update
From: RSWiser@aol.com
Date: Thu, 30 May 2002 00:02:57 EDT
Thank you all for the great advise.  Over the past couple of months I have
tried most of them methods suggested.  On the passenger side I have heated, I
have pounded, I have sprayed with penetrating oil, then repeated.

Tonight I was thinking about what to try next.  Then I remembered when I was
trying to get the brake drums off after the car had sat for 20 years.  I
heated, I pounded, I used penetrating oil.  Finally I purchased an impact
wrench to hook up to my compressor.  It took about 15 seconds to get all the
bolts loose.

So I attached the largest phillips head I could find to my impact wrench and
after I removed the door restraint so I could get good connection with the
hinge screws I went at it with my impact wrench.  It was like unscrewing
bolts in butter, even in the side I hadn't worked on yet.

Yes the impact wrench is the way to go.  I figured if I screwed them up I
could drill them out later.

Thanks for the encouragment.

The door are off and I'm about ready to paint.