Re: fuel injection (again)

To: Bill Blue <dablue@worldnet.att.net>
Subject: Re: fuel injection (again)
From: Jarrid Gross <jarrid_gross@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2002 07:27:30 -0700
Bill,

The system is called simple digital.
The SDS systems is like it says, simple.

Its lack of complexity is evident to people who have
programmed higher end systems, by the numbers that
are used in the programming/mapping of the controller.

Simple Digital has a unique system in that the programming
interface is built in/included at purchase time.

All others "to my knowledge" use a PC or laptop interface
to program/tune the system. This is a mixed blessing becuase
al though the unit comes with the method to program it,
as a user interface, thier system is really tough to use.

Ive seen a few of these up close, because I have replaced
them for cutomers who want better mapping capabilities
and better dynamic range as far as the tuning.

Its pretty inexpensive, but if you have a laptop, or know
someone who does, I can do better for the money.

The engineering involved to make the system is not as bad
as you might think, and there are folks out there who make
induction systems for EFI for a living, so one can always
trade green for smarts.

My older injection intake might be up for sale if anyone wants
to same some engineering time. Its not the most attractive
intake, but is quite functional.

Jarrid Gross