Re: [Re: British weight measures]

To: "Jan Eyerman" <jan.eyerman@usa.net>
Subject: Re: [Re: British weight measures]
From: "lauri lehtinen" <lauri.lehtinen@pp.nic.fi>
Date: Thu, 28 Mar 2002 00:01:07 +0200
We all have our odd measurements...

We in Finland lived in a "nature economy" until you americans got found. We
had a common money unit - it was a squirell's fur. 40 furs were coupled
together to make a "tikkuri".
It was not so complicated to use as imperial/US units, but it was very
unuseful as small money - all money automates of 1400-1700 era got stucked
by squirrel4s hair after 2 months of use.
As a matter of fact you could change fox furs to let us say gunpowder so
late as 504s - but I think that was the situation in "scandinvian"
territories in Northern America too?

Larry
from a Capitol near Polar Circle