Re: [Re: [Overdrive installation]]

To: <bwana@c2i2.com>, "Tim Stiffy" <tstiffy@pulsenet.com>,
Subject: Re: [Re: [Overdrive installation]]
From: Jan Eyerman <jan.eyerman@usa.net>
Date: Sun, 17 Mar 2002 12:20:46 -0500
Having broken more exhaust bolts then I care to count, I now consider cutting
the exhaust pipe at a convenient spot and splicing in a "coupler" or adapter
between the two cut ends when I am done.  It ain't the greatest way, but it
saves the hassle of replacing the monifold to exhaust pipe studs.

Jan

"Louis & Laila" <bwana@c2i2.com> wrote:
Yes, just so everyone can know. If you remove an overdrive trans, you must
unbolt the front of the engine from the crossmember, slide the engine
forward a few inches, lower the rear, and slide the OD trans onto the rear
of the engine. I just got it done. Just needs oil and an electrical hookup
and I should be driving into the sunset!
Even if you don't have OD, you must lower the rear of the engine. Be sure
and disconnect the exhaust pipe. Lou