RE: [wheel interchangability question]

To: Jan Eyerman <jan.eyerman@usa.net>,
Subject: RE: [wheel interchangability question]
From: Jarrid Gross <JGross@econolite.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2002 08:36:28 -0800
>English Ford wheels fit (Cortina) and early seventies Mercury Capri (the
>European one, not the later Mustang version).

Uh, yes they do (later mustang if its a 4 lug).

Bill Mounce <bmounce@bellatlantic.net> wrote:
Group:  I recently sent an email to American Racing to see if certain of
their wheels would fit my '1967 Sunbeam Alpine Series 5'.  My response
from them was 'Who built the car?'!  I anwered, 'The Rootes Group', that
should be a BIG help!  Maybe what I need to know is, what other
manufacturers' wheels fit the Alpine?  Someone on the list said they are
running 1980 Merkur (sp) wheels, what other common wheels fit, so I can
give American Racing a fighting chance?  Thanks in advance, Bill

PS As a digression, I feel sorry for the poor kid (I suspect a
youngster) working at American Racing, who never experienced the great
cars of pre-70, and who likely only knows the injection molded junk
Detroit currently pushes out.  What a bland platter to eat from!