Re: Speedchannel

To: alpines@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Speedchannel
From: RootesRooter@aol.com
Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2002 11:51:05 EST
The reason for all the prominent Rootes cars is that the footage came from a
film shot for Rootes.  From the late 40s thru early 70s there were I think at
least 30 such films made.  They were packaged into 1/2 hour formats and, from
what I've read, sometimes were shown on BBC during rain delays in cricket
matches.
The same filmmakers also filmed these shows for rival companies. There's at
least one race ('65 Alpine Rallye?), with one show packaged for Rootes, one
for Triumph, with very different story lines and (mostly) different footage.

Dick Sanders
Seattle

In a message dated 2/14/02 7:47:50 AM Pacific Standard Time,