Re: Overdrive/tranny matching

To: alpines@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Overdrive/tranny matching
From: "Donna, Paul Kate & Mark Heuer" <heuers@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2002 03:05:06 +0000
All this talk of S3's and overdrives has me thinking about my car.

It's a S3, with non-synchro box and overdrive. The gearbox has a growl/howl
which is getting louder. It tends to jump out of second gear if I take my
foot off the go-pedal.

I suspect that parts to repair it are going to be hard to find. Is it
possible to accumulate the necessary parts before I take it off the road to
rebuild the gearbox? I guess what I'm asking is whether there is any way to
know what bits I'd need before I pull out the gearbox.

The car is in Australia, so I don't really want to send it to UK/US for a
rebuild.
Cheers,
Paul.