1900cc???

To: alpines@autox.team.net
Subject: 1900cc???
From: Jay_Laifman@countrywide.com
Date: Thu, 7 Feb 2002 07:50:49 -0800
> Dear Sir,
> I am currently de-modifing my Alpine SeriesIII. I have a 2ltr. Toyota
> engine in it at the moment. I have come across a 1729cc Sevies V engine
> bored out to 1900cc, gear box and prop. shaft. I know the Serries III
> has a smaller engine, but my question is: Will the 1729cc motor fit
> staight in? All original mounts are in the engine bay. I would like to
> put the original type motor back in.
>
> beaver@myplace.net.au

I have the 1725 engine in my Series III.  Bolted right in.  That said, I
don't recall it being possible to pump a 1725 out to 1900 cc.  Maybe I've
forgotten and that's the size you get if you use those Volvo pistons. But,
that said, I have no doubt that if you are out to 1900cc, your cylinder
side walls are very thin, and dollar for dollar, I'd stick with the Toyota
before going to the trouble of putting in a non stock, over bored, engine
that might not last all that long.

Just my two cents.

Jay