Re: Alpine transmission questions

To: <LOsoccer@aol.com>, <alpines@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Alpine transmission questions
From: "Jon. Arzt" <humbersnipe@home.com>
Date: Tue, 1 Jan 2002 22:27:18 -0600
I'm sure it can't be that hard to find an OD lock-out switch for the trans
cover. The interior switch, sure, they're a bit scarce. Just use a momentary
toggle, and a relay. But you have to remember that the OD doesn't like lots
of torque, so you don't want to forget that it's engaged and take off in
first gear OD. And above all, NEVER, EVER engage reverse with the OD
engaged! Both Rootes' and Volvo's service manuals predict horrifyingly dire
results if that happens. (a fact worth noting even if you have a factory OD
in your car!)

Jon Arzt
Omaha, NE  USA