Re: Alpine royally trashed

To: <alpines@autox.team.net>, <Jay_Laifman@countrywide.com>
Subject: Re: Alpine royally trashed
From: "Ian Spencer" <SpenceIC@Healthall.com>
Date: Fri, 07 Dec 2001 13:24:18 -0500
Who's writing all these articles anyways?... I think it's time that we start
submitting our own Alpine articles to these magazines to start turning the
Alpines image around. Watch for John Weber's Alpine article in British car
magazine next month... I'm sure he has done the Alpine justice. - Ian

P.S. Didn't Ian Fleming himself put Bond in an early Talbot Alpine in the book?
The problem today is that Bond has become a superhero instead of a secret
agent. Ian Fleming would roll over in his grave if he could see how Bond
evolved... :-) in my opinion.

Ian Spencer
Client Services
University Hospital
Health Alliance of Greater Cincinnati
(513) 584-0365

>>> <Jay_Laifman@countrywide.com> 12/07/01 01:06PM >>>
Geeze, two magazines had articles on Alpines.  Both trashed the Alpine.
First, in Thoroughbreds and Classic Cars, they had an article on James Bond
cars.  They had a picture of the Alpine, and said that it was "not a car
for a secret agent."  Hmph.  Second was the Classics and Sportscars
magazine that had a comparison between the Alpine and the Datsun Fairlady.
They spent paragraphs and paragraphs royally trashing the Alpine steering.
They said very little about the engine, and raved about the Fairlady engine
- but heck that's a 2 liter overhead cam engine.  If I had a subscription
to either of those magazines, I'd cancel it immediately!

Jay