Re: Engine Pull

To: Brent Kasl <kasl100@navix.net>
Subject: Re: Engine Pull
From: Alex McGregor <awmcgregor@shaw.ca>
Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2001 18:47:47 -0600
Brent:

If you attach the lift in the right place nothing need come off.  Remove
the rad, wires, hoses, gear shift and mounts.  Lift the engine & trans as a
unit.  Then, if you're like me you leave the whole engine/trans on the
floor jack in front of the garage door while you have a brown and bubbly.
Then your help goes home and you have no one to help put that heavy piece
of metal where you want it.

I have an S1 engine & trans sitting like that since the weekend.  It causes
problems when wives think they should be allowed to park inside.  Good
excuse to invite your help back for another b&b.

Cheers

Al

60 Alpine S1
59 Minx