Re:Lemans Tiger in Australia

To: hughes@scides.canberra.edu.au
Subject: Re:Lemans Tiger in Australia
From: "Rick Harrison" <beamertwo@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2001 01:10:30 +1000
Vic and listers,

The lemans Tiger in the picture was owned by someone in Melbourne for quite
some time before Rick Marks of the NSW S.O.C. finally, after years of
pleading bought it from him. Rick campaigned the car for many years in
Historic racing and pushed it pretty hard, although the lemans gearing was
not really suited to the tracks, particularly small ones like Amaroo Park.
Rick was also a little worried about how brittle those magnesium wheels
might be after all those years. He kept the car as original as possible and
also took it to some shows including one at Blue Mountains Grammar School,
where I was teaching at the time. He eventually sold it and now runs what I
think is the only "ordinary" Tiger now racing in Historics in Australia.

Another interesting Tiger which was, and I think still is in Australia is a
pre-production Mk II, which includes 14 inch wheels, 4-wheel discs and some
other features that didn't make it into production. Last time I saw the car
it was in South Australia. It is the car featured on the colour page
opposite page 129 in Mike Taylor's book.

Vic, I have included some pics of the lemans Tiger in case you're
interested.

Rick Harrison

[demime 0.97c removed an attachment of type image/pjpeg which had a name of at
BMGS.jpg]

[demime 0.97c removed an attachment of type image/pjpeg which had a name of
atBMGS2.jpg]

[demime 0.97c removed an attachment of type image/pjpeg which had a name of
oranpark1988.jpg]

[demime 0.97c removed an attachment of type image/pjpeg which had a name of
oranparkdemolap1988.jpg]