Rear Leaf Spring removal

To: Alpine list <alpines@autox.team.net>
Subject: Rear Leaf Spring removal
From: Dan Amidon <damidon@gilsongfx.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2001 12:55:47 -0400
Just a quick note of thanks to all of those who gave me suggestions on
how to remove the bolt that holds the front portion of the rear leaf
springs.
Almost everyone said that it would be very difficult to remove. Just
knowing that I was not in this alone seemed to help somehow.
Anyway the suggestions ranged from various forms of moral support to
using a hacksaw blade and cutting through it by hand.
I ended up using a sawzall and a 24 teeth per inch metal cutting blade
(a short blade and the thickest and most heavy duty one I could find,
about $3.00 each). I cut through the bolt and the rubber bushing,
between the mounting bracket and the actual leaf spring. I had to cut
both sides of both mounts.
In under 1 hour and 2 blades, I had everything removed!
Thanks for all of the help and suggestions.
Dan Amidon
1963 Series 3 GT (One step closer)