Re: I'm stuck under my Sunbeam

To: alpines@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: I'm stuck under my Sunbeam
From: "Rick Larson" <rick@mnbrewers.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2001 13:23:23 -0500
Dan writes:

> I have removed the bolts from the rear leaf spring mounting brackets.
> I removed the nuts from the front leaf spring mounting brackets. Now I
> can not get the bolts out. Help.
> I tried to pound them out, did not work.
> I put 140 PSI of pressure through the largest air impact wrench I own,
> did not budge,  did not even spin.
> Once I destroyed the head of the bolt, I did what any male would do and
> ground off the head of the bolt with a 4 1/2" grinder, hoping to pound
> the bolt through that way. Could not move it.

Since I'm a Alpine wantabe and haven't seen how the front leaf
springs are bolted in I can only give this:

When I relaced rear leaf springs on my 66 Mustang I had to sawzall off
both ends in between the frame rails and the springs.  It was a bit of
work but I was able to remove the rear springs.

rick