Re: An Interesting Web Cam

To: aka.gumby@gte.net, tigers@autox.team.net, alpines@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: An Interesting Web Cam
From: JACranwell@cs.com
Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2001 03:57:29 EDT
Yes, I've had the honour of attending meetings recently in the very building
(in the capacity of advising the University on IT matters).

Unfortunately it fell to me to explain to the staff of the university the
significance of Lord Rootes to the auto industry. They were particularly
impressed when I interrupted my presentation to show them a photo montage of
one of Rootes' greatest works, my pair of Alpines (SIII and SIV).

They also have a meeting room known as simply 'Frank's room'. This apparently
is named for Sir Frank Whittle, inventor of the jet turbine.

Julian - Surrey UK