I can't believe I'm saying this....

To: <alpines@autox.team.net>, <hillman@can-inc.com>
Subject: I can't believe I'm saying this....
From: "jon" <humbersnipe@home.com>
Date: Wed, 3 Oct 2001 22:09:57 -0500
This sounds like one of the craziest things I've ever said, but
unfortunately, I'm not going to make the St. Louis United, because I have to
work on my car!

With my recent job change, I lost my company car. That means my other cars
have been pressed into service for my trip to work. That's no real problem,
as the trip is quite short, and the parking is secure. The Humbers have seen
the most use, but the Funwagon makes the trip every now and then, too.
However, winter here in Nebraska is quite severe, and here in the "urban
center" of Omaha, they use salt PROFUSELY. Therefore, I won't drive my
"nice" cars during the winter months, which are fast approaching.

After shopping around a bit for a "beater" winter car, and finding only so
much cr*p, I decided I had only one choice. I have a 1957 Minx saloon that I
was planning on parting out to supply spare parts for my 1958 Minx
convertible. Well, that '57 is to be my winter car.

So, for the past week or so, I've been busting my butt putting everything
back ON the car that I'd taken OFF. This will put my convertible project
behind a little, but since it has no top at the moment, it was going to
spend the winter in the garage, anyway. Now, it'll be spending the winter on
jackstands instead of wheels.

I've already appealed to some listers for bits that I'm missing, and as I
progress, I know I'll need more. I'll keep you all informed, and scream for
help when needed. But hopefully, not very often!

Wish me luck!

Jon Arzt
Omaha , NE  USA

"Midwest Rootes Refuge"