Detroit Sunbeam dealers

To: <scott@sunbeamalpine.org>
Subject: Detroit Sunbeam dealers
From: Steven Silverstein <milano164@mediaone.net>
Date: Sat, 22 Sep 2001 22:18:54 -0400
Would anybody know the names Sunbeam dealers in the Detroit area?

Tonight I talked with H.J. Meyer, former owner of Sports Car Forum,
and one of the topics we discussed was the factory prepared car
which Sports Car Forum raced once in 62 or 63.

This factory prepared car was then sold to a Detroit dealer.  Incidentally,
this factory prepared car took out my car in the first turn at the 1965
Daytona American Road Race of Champions (SCCA runoffs).   This explains why
my right fender has been replaced.  According to H.J. Meyer he could have
killed this guy who hit the Sport Car Forum Alpine.  Carmichael was favored
to win...he had 51 championship points which would have won him the National
Title had the SCCA used the same title system they used in 1964 versus the
runnoffs.

Also, Bob Grossman drove this factory car at Watkins Glen... talking about a
hired gun.  Grossman was quite a driver.

Anyway... possibly there is another Factory prepared Alpine floating around
Detroit.

BTW, the Castlehill Concours in Ipswich is unbelievable.  It was hillclimbs
today (Pre-War only) and it just was outstanding.  Tomorrow is the show.
I am laughing at the cars which the Alpine will be parked next to.
Needless to say... extremely valuable cars...

Steve Silverstein