Re: Autoweek

To: Brent Kasl <kasl100@navix.net>
Subject: Re: Autoweek
From: Ian Spencer <ian@sunbeamalpine.org>
Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2001 20:28:51 -0400
You guys wouldn't believe the story behind that photo shoot... I didn't
know it was going to happen until that day. Doug Jennings wasn't able to
get a hold of me because I had already left for work. Jan Servaites
e-mailed me at work sometime around 1:00, so quickly I called Doug. Doug
said that they were out with John Engle shooting his Tiger and that the
Autoweek crew was eager to leave as soon as they were done. But, they
wanted to see my Harrington if I could get there on time.

I work in Cincinnati, Ohio and they were in Dayton. Which is an hour
away. The Harrington was tucked away in my garage at home. This meant I
had to get home, get the car out and drive to Dougs shop, clear on the
other side of Dayton! I wasn't sure I would make it, so I dodged out of
my office and ran out of the garage and got in my car. I flew home and
got the Harrington out of the garage and then flew over to Doug's shop.
The Autoweek crew was just getting ready to leave when I arrived...
Whew! I broke just about every motor law in two different cars that
afternoon.

The good news is that the auto week crew was so impressed with our
Sunbeams that they are going to... OK, I'm going to let the cat out of
the bag here, so here it goes... They are going to be at the United in
St. Louis to film more Sunbeams and do a feature story on Alpines and
Tigers. This will make for a great opportunity for everyone to get their
Sunbeam on national TV! See you all in St. Louis! - Ian

--
Ian Spencer <www.sunbeamalpine.org>
'61 Series II Alpine B9104704 LRX