Series V Engine Pics Needed

To: <alpines@autox.team.net>
Subject: Series V Engine Pics Needed
From: "Larry McKenna" <lmckenna@downeast.net>
Date: Sat, 15 Sep 2001 09:51:57 -0400
I'm rebuilding my 1966 Series V. The DPO's have obviously contributed their
collective skills to an engine compartment that now looks like it has a major
identity crisis! I need help in seeing just what it's all supposed to be like.
Specifically, the Stromberg CD150s are clearly hooked up wrong. The fuel
enters on the right side of each one, whereas I can dimly make out in my
manual that the fuel supply should go thru a tee between the two carbs. The
throttle linkage is truly a wonder (as in: "I wonder how it ever worked that
way"), as is the choke linkage ("linkage" being a generous interpretation of
the actual connection). The heater hoses do some funny things, there are old
holes in the firewall thru which somethings may have gone at one time, but no
longer, and the various brackets holding on ancilliarys (such as the
generator!), appear to have been modified with hammer and vise at various
times in their tortured life.
    What I would really like is a short series of very clear detailed photos
of the carbs fuel line set up, the throttle and choke linkage from firewall to
carbs, the wiring from firewall to various engine parts, and the overall
engine set-up left and right sides. I do not insist on "Original". I'm more
interested in what works best and looks good. If photos are too much to ask,
then some clear diagrams or word instructions would be helpful, but I really
could proceed with more confidence with pictures (it's been this way since I
first was learning to read).
    On the matter occupying all of us this past week: Let's all of us be kind
to each other.

    Larry