Clean one owner for sale, honest, trust me, etc.

To: alpines@autox.team.net
Subject: Clean one owner for sale, honest, trust me, etc.
From: Mark J Bradakis <mjb@autox.team.net>
Date: Sat, 1 Sep 2001 21:47:33 -0600 (MDT)
Okay, maybe I'm stretching the truth a bit.  Well, more than a bit, maybe I'm
stretching it from the Wasatch Mountains of Utah to the Atlantic Coast of
Florida.

What I have is an Alpine Series 1 parts car.  Or maybe a project for the more
ambitious.  Hey, drop a V8 in the tub, a few cans of Krylon and away you go!

It was built in the middle of the Series 1 run, #6744 of the nearly 12,000
produced.  There seems to be the remains of a motor under the tarp, I can't
say anything about whether or not it is a useful core.  The car has been
stored outside for some number of years, my guess is at least 5 to 10.

If you come to Salt Lake City, Utah, and load it on your trailer, you can
have it in exchange for $76.93 and a dozen or so bottles of whatever microbrew
beers are common in your area of residence.  Hmmm, wonder if Roger Davis or
Fritz Lindbeck are on this list, I may need to disqualify these Salt Lake
boys from the deal.  I'd have to get a whole case from them!  I doubt it is
worth what I would have to charge for delivery, but if you want the car,
let's talk.

If you do come to pick it up, I also happen to have a Series 1 motor with an
aluminum head I may throw in for a few dollars more.  This combination doesn't
seem to make much sense from the limited info I have, but the block has Series
1 numbers, and the head is certainly aluminum.  No pictures of it online yet,
maybe soon.

Anyway, if interested and you have web access, take a look at the photos at

 http://www.team.net/TeamFat/alpine

In truth, I'm somewhat surpried there isn't more rust and body rot.  There
does seem to be evidence of some body repairs, so maybe there isn't any rust
because it is all filler!

The car was part of a package deal, I have no need for it, or desire to add
it to my project list.  I'd like to see it go to someone who can make use
of it, maybe I'll try ebay.  If all else fails, we're talking Sawzall and
dumpster before the winter sets in, hardly a fitting end for another neglected
relic of bygone glory.

mjb.