Re: 2.0 V6 engines

To: Victor Hughes <hughes@scides.canberra.edu.au>
Subject: Re: 2.0 V6 engines
From: Jarrid Gross <jarrid_gross@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 09 Aug 2001 22:50:33 -0700
If the 2.0 V6 makes all its torque before 3000 RPM, then
its not going to make any real HP.

After you derive the calculation for HP based on torque rate,
you will arrive at 1 HP is 1 lb ft of torque at 5250 RPM.
Make your torque earlier, and  the same torque figure
means less power.

Unless the torque is really flat and only slightly falling after
3000 RPM, (Cologne engines not known for good port flow),
Then one can assume that this engine will make in the 80 BHP
range.

Just a tad more torque than the 1600, less RPM range than
the alpine makes at a wash as far as power goes.

Why?

These engines are very low compression, have very mild
camming and the ports dont need to flow.